File Assessments

Assessment Payments

As you may know, BCRC was designed to maintain Beaver Creek as a unique resort community and is vested with a wide range of responsibilities including transportation, village maintenance, village security, village events, marketing and community quality. BCRC performs these functions for the common benefit of property owners and businesses within Beaver Creek.

Beaver Creek is not a municipality. We are a part of unincorporated Eagle County. In order to provide the services we are tasked with, a variety of Assessments are collected upon the taxable sales. These assessments can be remitted online via the form and payment portal at the bottom of this page. It is required to submit payment in conjunction with the timing of Colorado and County Sales Tax submissions.

Civic Assessments of 5.35% on all sales and lodging/STR nights.

Civic Lodging Assessments of .96% on lodging/STR nights.

Mountain Civic Assessments of 5% on lift tickets and on-mountain restaurants.

Recreation Assessment of 5% on activities like golf, tennis and ski lessons.

Real Estate Transfer Assessments (RETA) of 2.375% of fair market value on real estate sales. All Quit Claim Deeds or Special Warranty Deeds for zero consideration are required to submit a Real Estate Transfer Assessment (RETA) Exemption Form.


Short Term Rentals

Owners who rent their home or condominium are required to pay the Civic Assessment and the Lodging Civic Assessment to BCRC. If your home or condominium is managed by a property management company they will usually collect and remit the assessments for you. However, it is the property owner’s responsibility to make sure the assessments are being paid.  Short term rentals require both Civic and Lodging Assessments to be submitted.

In order to provide these services, BCRC collects assessments on all sales and short-term rentals within Beaver Creek. A Civic Assessment of 5.35% is charged on total sales and short term rentals and a Lodging Civic Assessment of .96% is charged on all short term rentals (less than thirty (30) days.) If a home or condo is rented to the same person or entity for thirty days or more it is considered a long-term rental and no assessments need to be collected.  There are also federal, state and local tax issues when an owner rents their property; it is advisable to contact a qualified property management specialist and tax advisor prior to renting.

If a home or condo is rented out for more than four (4) days in a month, the owner must also obtain a Lodging Beaver Creek Business License.  Click here for a Business License application: Beaver Creek Business License Regulation

To avoid penalties and interest, please submit your Civic and Lodging assessments as soon as possible.  If our office has sent a letter to you regarding assessments due, they are due immediately.  If assessments are not paid, our office may send a letter of intent to lien your property with an estimated amount of Civic and Lodging Assessments due based on the rental information we have.

Please select one of the following forms to complete your BCRC Assessment:

Have you already filed your assessment and are ready to pay?